I recently became aware of two more retro bathroom faucets — the Metropolitan series from Elements of Design. Golly gee, they look very similar to my longtime favorites, the Mississippi faucets by Strom Plumbing/Sign of the Crab. I am not expert or patient enough to try and discern the quality / cost differences. Nor have I seen the Metropolitans in person. I have had two of the 8″ Mississippi sets in my bathrooms since about 2003, and I quite adore them. Note also, there are a variety of finishes and handles to mix and match. You also can get tub/shower sets.
Where to buy:
- To start, take a look on Amazon — and disclosure, I get a spiff if you buy after clicking in from these Amazon links. For example:
- Here is the EOD’s Metropolitan 4″ Faucet …
- EOD’s Metropolitan 8″ Faucet
- Strom’s Mississippi 8″ Faucet with Cross Handles
- Strom’s 8″ Faucet with Lever Handles
- Strom’s 4″ set
If you cannot find the finish or design that you via Amazon, then type the model number of the faucet (I put them in the main photo, above) into Google, and you’ll bring up these faucets from a variety of retailers.
- Original source of the Mississippi (haha): Strom Plumbing/Sign of the Crab catalog.
- Original source of the Metropolitan: Elements of Design bathroom faucets.