Which is to say: This isn’t my greatest video, but, if I didn’t do it then, I was never gonna do it.
In this first of three segments — all about the renovation of my small, 1951 master bathroom — I talk about why I chose beige 4″x4″ field tiles, with white bullnose.
Beige ceramic 4″ x 4″ tile:
- A totally accessible color if tile — available immediately and inexpensively from Home Depot, Lowes and other big box stores…
- An everlasting gobstopper timeless tile color — as is light grey, but I’ve never seen that color stocked on the shelf at Home Depot…
- And it’s super easy to punch up with color via wallpaper or a patterned shower curtain and then, with towels.
Yes, I installed a beige bathroom.
Oh, and this is embarrassing: I swear I cleaned the bathroom. But, the yellow cast of light is making the floor grout look pukier than it really appears in real life. And, crikey, I need to figure out how to really clean the non-skid surface of the Kohler tub, which turned that kind of bottom-of-your-feet color within a month of installation and which I’ve never been able to get white again. Anyone? Bueller?
Two more Beige Bathroom videos to come:
- My Beige Bathroom: Features I Like
- My Beige Bathroom: Things I’d Do Differently