Where to find a slant back faucet for a vintage bathroom sink

slant back sink
1953 Crane Neuday sink
Deabath.com’s replacement design

If you have a vintage slant back bathroom sink — and need a replacement slant back faucet — we know where you can get a replacement and/or help to repair the original. I was reminded that I’d never spotlighted this design when Deb wrote:

I have been looking for faucets to replace my 1930’s bathroom faucets for years. They are on slant back sinks. Thanks to your site I may have found what I’m looking for. By the way, my sink & toilet in my half bath are burgundy. They are in great shape too! Please let me know of other sites I should be looking at for the above mentioned faucets. Thanks!!

slant back faucet
1953 Crane slant back sink designs
1953 Crane slant back faucet design

This bathroom sink style — with a slant back faucet — seems to have been pretty common back in the day. More so, I tend to believe, before World War II — when deco design ruled, and when there was even more complexity in design. After the war, I tend to think that design “flattened out.” Even so, all the color images in this story come from my catalog of 1953 Crane bathroom fixtures — this catalog a wonderful compendium of vintage bathroom sinks, faucets, tubs and showers.  For about the first five years after WWII, lots of pre-war designs were carried over, while industries retooled from prewar designs to new, postwar designs. History lesson concludes: “Postwar” design is considered by many experts to span 1953-1963. In his seminal book Populuxe (Amazon affiliate link) Thomas Hine talks about all of this; as the title of the book indicated, he dubbed these the “Populuxe” years.

Back to bathroom fixtures in particular: Crane was one of the top brands — their fixtures are beautiful and have endured. If you have one, yes!, try to save it.

Where to buy a replacement slant back faucet for your vintage bathroom sink

chrome sink legs
Where to buy sink legs? See my research here.

Where to find these faucets? My #1 go-to site is the company deabath.com (Note: They are a longtime sponsor/advertiser on the blog – but this story is not part of the deal or anything. I would point to them regardless.)  Head over to the deabath site, to check out their replacement slant back faucet design. Moreover, they may be able to help you repair the one that you have.

Links to research and/or buy a slant back bathroom sink faucet:

  1. Christine Bail says:

    Hi! I found a Crane Neuday sink and I am super excited about it. It did not have the mounting bracket with it, so I need to address that problem. My question is two-fold. Firstly, the bracket needs to be 15″ on center to fit the lugs. Per your previous comments, I found one on deabath and that seems to be the only place that has a one-piece bracket. Is there another way I can mount it? The second part I am confused about is how to mount this bracket onto tile without damaging the tile.

  2. Joseph Mathew says:

    I am looking for a crane slant back faucet for bathroom sink. If you can find one pls. let me know

  3. Pam Kueber says:

    Hi Joseph, click the bold blue hotlinks to get to the companies that sell these. Deabath.com specializes in Crane, it’s possible they can help you. Good luck.

Leave a Reply

Commenting: Information

All comments are moderated, generally within 24 hours. By using this website you are agreeing to the site's >> Terms of Service, << which include commenting policies, and our >> Privacy Notice. << Before participating, read them in full.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.