V

Video: Kate’s “penultimate” pink bathroom tour

Kates-bathroomThe last time I checked in with an update on my pink bathroom remodel was just after I finished grouting the wall tile. With all the final details now coming together, there will be a bundle more stories to come — with all the nitty gritty details. But this week — since so much progress has occurred — Pam suggested I make a little video giving everyone the “penultimate” tour. Yes, Pam has expanded my vocabulary with this new-to-me word, which means “next to last” — as in, now it’s time to add the final perceptible particulars to put my pretty pink potty palace perfectly in place.

Can you believe — it has been six months since I started my bathroom remodel, with the demo? And, we checked the archive — my very first story, when this  project was a solid twinkle in my eye — was June 2012. Yikes. See how long it takes to make things happen in a thoughtfully planned Retro Renovation?

As the project progressed, I had to push my self-imposed goal end back repeatedly — three times altogether, ack! The first deadline — 4th of July — now seems like a ridiculously impossible one, and my second, though more realistic “done before my birthday” (end of September) was sadly also a pipe dream. Thankfully, with only some caulking, towel bar hanging, a few knobs to put on and a thorough post-construction clean left to complete, I have full conficence that I will meet my third deadline — done before family arrives for Thanksgiving dinner.

This remodel has been a long, hard road, but the satisfaction and excitement I feel now has made it all worth while. Next time you get an update from me — the bathroom will be DONE!

Read all the stories about my pink bathroom remodel here.

1. NancyNP1959 says:

There isn’t a way to comment on Pam’s toilet paper question from 2/28/2014, so I just wanted to let you know, Kate, that one more thing you did right on your bathroom was hang the toilet paper the smart way! Under Power!

2. Pat in Pa says:

Great job, Kate! I am awed by your craftsmanship with the vanity, and I love that you used the legs on the vanity opposed to a kick plate. My favorite thing in the whole room is the horizontal slider medicine cabinet that doubles as a shelf, and the other favorites are the deep closet and of course, the heated flooring! By the way…do you hire out? 🙂

3. Scott says:

Awesome choices and the craftsmanship is spectacular. The vanity is really quite a brilliant idea. Are the legs for style alone or are you cleverly hiding a wall vent under there too?

4. joyce says:

that was my bathroom and I matched the shower curtain to the beige/stone tiles in the floor. unfortunately, everything in the shower was rusting, so I have a new bathroom with mid-century sconces

5. Dave says:

Great job. But then again I wouldn’t expect anything less of you because I still remember your first kitchen remodel.

New vocabulary word: Antepenultimate – the one just before penultimate.

1. brad cabral says:

where did you get the floor tile from. I have a bathroom that has the very same floor tiles and am looking to replace a few of them. If you could tell me where to get some it would be greatly appreciated.

6. Angela says:

Yay, what a wonderful thing to watch first thing this morning! I’ve been checking your blog periodically for updates, and I’m happy that you’re *almost* done. It’s gorgeous, Kate!

7. Kelly Wittenauer says:

Wow, Kate! It looks amazing. And it must make you feel wonderful knowing it’s yours – and you did it yourself!

Comments are closed.