Alas, after some 40 years on the market (at least), Azrock has discontinued my favorite retro floor — Azrock Cortina Autumn Haze. That’s the floor in my kitchen, above. And based on reading about it here, many readers have put it in their homes, too. I love this floor because of it’s “jaspe” design — the streakies and slubbies. But do not fret too much, those of you looking for a similar design. Tarket, maker of Azrock, two years ago introduced 15 similar designs in their Azrock TexTile line.
- See all the colors, big, in our story here.
- Here is the Azrock site — they have numerous other styles that you also should check out, if you are in the market.
Props to Shannan for letting us know that really truly you could no longer get Azrock Cortina Autumn Haze. I didn’t believe her — readers have been told so many times by their local dealers that this was not available. Shannan’s dealer was so adamant, though, that I checked with the company yet again. And yup, this time is really seems like it’s discontinued. The story seems to be: Azrock Cortina Autumn Haze was “officially” discontinued two years ago. At that time, I was told by the company, ‘don’t worry though — it’s been such a popular floor historically that we will still make it for replacement tile purposes.’ But, even that seems to have ended. If you want it, please, still ask and see if they have it. Otherwise, like I said — go to TexTile.
In addition, check these out:
- Congoleum has some jaspe designs.
- Armstrong has “Striations,” a 12″x24″ tile that you could use as is or conceivable cut in half to make 12″ x 12″s. See it in Sarah’s parent’s kitchen here.
- And okay, it’s not jaspe, but lookie this terrazzo-like Fritztile, spotted by reader ShannonV. Me likie.