99 ideas to decorate a pink bathroom: Complete slide show

99-ideas-pink-bathroom-FB-graphic (1)About a month ago, I got another *brilliant* idea — ummm, one that meant an *epic* amount of eye-crossing work for Katiedoodle, of course! Yes, super thanks to SuperKate for doing a massive amount of research — then an equally massive amount of clipping and pasting — to create our 99 ideas to decorate a pink bathroom.

Thanks also to the readers who contributed mood boards! We actually have one more to mock up — we’ll hit #100!

Why did we do this project? We are constantly getting questions about how to decorate pink bathrooms — which I believe were the most popular colorway for American bathrooms throughout the 1950s and into the early 1960s.

In addition: The basic techniques we used to make all these design boards apply to decorating a vintage bathroom with virtually any color tile on the wall. In a nut: Find a patterned shower curtain or wallpaper with that color tile; the pattern will include a variety of other coordinating colors — bring those colors into the rest of the room. Edit carefully; keep the palette within a relatively narrow range, and you likely will have success. See this followup story –> A foolproof guide to choosing bathrooms colors — five steps to success:

decorating a bathroom

One of our other key learnings from this marathon: Pulling this impressive number of pink bathroom decor ideas together shows just how versatile they really are — hey, pink is a neutral color!

To see our complete series of stories with product links for all 99 ideas to decorate a pink bathroom, click here

Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge on screen… click anywhere to move forward and look for previous and next buttons within photo to move back or forth… you can start or stop at any image:

99-ideas-to-decorate-a-pink-bathroom-long

Categoriespink bathrooms
  1. Janet in ME says:

Wonderful images and thanks for all the work, Kate (and Pam)! I tend to like the old wallpaper and always loved “swimming idly by”, but I am really drawn to simple ones with chalkware fish or mermaids, which always make me think fifties! I also love the fancy shower curtains, especially the flamingo ones. I noticed many of them shown can go with a number of color combinations, not just as displayed. These are all just fabulous!

1. pam kueber says:

Yes, we put these into one slide show in particular so readers could more easily consider how to take a pattern shown in one colorway and apply it to another colorway.

2. Kristen says:

I really wanted a pink bathroom before this series, and now I couldn’t want one more! I love pink bathrooms, and I hope people who don’t necessarily love them see this amazing collection of ideas and feel inspired to embrace what they have. The more pink bathrooms around, the better chance I can get my hands on one 🙂 Amazing, thorough and creative work, Kate! This slideshow was the cherry on the top. Great way to start the day. Thank you!

1. Bette Jean says:

I h*** the color pink and don’t have it in my home or wardrobe. But after following these stories I wish I had a vintage pink bathroom. There are literally dozens that I LOVE! So many amazing ideas and beautifully done. Such great variety. Well done Kate and thanks for the recap Pam.

3. Susie Q. says:

Can I make a confession? Back when you first proposed this idea, I got super excited and spent HOURS pulling stuff together. However, I did not submit anything because 1. I had more than the # of items you asked for (I have 6-8 things per board) 2. I was too lazy to go back and find the url’s for each said item (though when copying the images I tried to leave a clue in the titles I wrote, e.g. “Target tumbler”) 3. I didn’t see how the boards I created would fit into the format you guys set up–I laid the boards out myself, *just so*… And today, I am looking at my boards again. I have four of them, and they look so freakin’ good, *sigh*
    Would you still like to see them?

4. CindyO says:

What if your pink bathroom has not-quite-pink sink and tub? They are more taupey-pink, while the tub surround tile is true pink. Help!

5. Reenelda says:

So glad to see all the ideals for pink bathrooms …. We bought our home 20 years ago … And yes with all the updates
    We have done we still have our pink tile , pink tub and pink sink bathroom … The tile is in wonderful shape so we have kept it… It is really the only thing stil oringal to the house and yes after seeing this we are keeping it … Thank you for helping keep vintage pink updated … By the way my pink bathroom is black, white and pink … Having a hard time with pictures for the walls any ideals would be welcomed ..

6. Pam Shank says:

We have decided to embrace and restore our fabulous pink and green bathroom but are a bit overwhelmed and could use a little guidance. The walls are pink tile with a dark pink tile border. There is also a band of pink and green accent tile. Our tub is green and has awesome tile swans on the wall. The toilet is white and the sink and vanity need to be replaced (they are awful replacements from the 70’s). Not sure what direction to go. It’s not realistic to replace the tub but haven’t found green toilet or sink that aren’t budget busters. I can send you pictures. Your ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Pam

7. Alyssa says:

Hi there! Do you happen to know where the “That’s why her hair is so big, it’s full of secrets.” shower curtain is from?

1. Pam Kueber says:

Hi Alyssa, click the link to the complete series and look for the color combo there. Usually the retailers are listed.