When Monica fell in love with midcentury house design, she fell in head over heels in love with vintage pastel-colored bathroom fixtures. So, when she created this new bathroom from scratch, she searched for vintage blue bathroom fixtures, then paired them with new tile with retro-style. Let’s take a look >>
Monica first told us about this entire project when we looked at her darling kitchen with pink-painted Sears metal kitchen cabinets taking center stage.
The bathroom in the weekend cabin got similar salvage-meets-new treatment. Bonus points for using wallpaper — what a statement it makes in a bathroom!
- Blue sink, tub and toilet — “Our bathroom fixtures are all from the Oxford line by Crane and the color is Sky Blue,” Monica says. I found the complete set on Craigslist!!
- Floor tile — University by Merola and was purchased from Home Depot.
- Medicine cabinet — The medicine cabinet was ordered from a big box store. Pam notes, see cabinets like this on Amazon – they come in various sizes (affiliate link).
- Linen cabinet — The linen cabinet is a vintage piece that my dad, a fellow collector of all things old, had in his shop. He was storing hardware in it? We had it repainted to match the birds in the wallpaper …
- Wallpaper — … which is Daydream by Hygge and West.
Lovely, Monica! Thank you for sharing!