Finding affordable, pastel colored tiles for a mid century bathroom now seems easier than ever: I just spotted Daltile 4 x 4 inch (ish) tiles in several colors at Home Depot, available for as little at $2.50 per s.f. This includes delivery free to your local store.
Daltile “Spa” light blue tile is a reader favorite
Above: Daltile Spa, semi-gloss.
This Daltile Spa color has been a longtime reader favorite.
Stories about readers who have used this color tile in their bathrooms:
- Nanette and Jim used Spa for the main part of their new bathroom (in the photo, above) (but inside the shower is a different color, Aqua Glow, which I don’t see at Home Depot – but hey, you can ask!)
- Lynne and Bob’s new blue bathroom for their 1955 house
- Kersten and James may have been the first on the blog to use Daltile Spa in their bathroom.
Not all Daltile colors are available at Home Depot. I scanned for those that would be appropriate for a mid century bathroom remodel.
There’s a second, richer blue, as well. Above: Daltile Waterfall.
Above: Daltile Urban Putty in a matte finish. Okay, not pastel, but I have something similar to this color in my bathroom (at right), and I like it a lot. Note, I bought my bathroom tile at Home Depot about 15 years ago; mine is glossy, and I think it was a Rose Beige from another company that I can’t remember.
Above: Daltile Almond in a semi-gloss finish is another, less intense beige option, and is currently listed for an amazingly low $2.54 per s.f.
To get to all the colors, I typed the words Daltile semi-gloss into the Home Depot search bar. Numerous colors for 4×4 and 6×6 tiles came up, along with trim tiles. The Ice Gray also looks like a good option. Note: If you don’t see the color you want in the style or size or finish you want, try Google; I also see this line available at other online sites in varying options.
- Golden Granite (aka salt ‘n pepper) tile is also at Home Depot. This is the color that Liz and Dave used in their bathroom remodel (shown at right).
Now, if we could only get Daltile to make us a Mamie Pink!
More information, if you are hunting for tile for a mid century bathroom or kitchen:
- 30 places to find 4×4(ish) bathroom tile in colors
- Get yee some decorative liner tiles to spice things up!
- All my stories about bathroom tile here.