Vintage style aprons from Bella Pamella

bella pamella vintage style apron

Reader Elizabeth Mary sent along this wonderful resource for vintage-style aprons and matching hair snugs. You know I like ’em –because they are oh so sweet — and made by another Pam. There are a number of designs — and 17 fabric choices — a really happy way to create your own 40s or 50s style. I like this “Nora” style in this green fabric a lot. I might just have to get me one!

BellaPamella.com

Comments

• Pam Kueber says

Yes, Sablemable. Look at their site, too — I love the back of this particular design. Very stylish and flattering! And, yes, the hair snugs are great, too. For some reason I can’t get a hair snug photo into the post without the formatting going wacky…technical problems, argh. Well worth taking a look on their website!

1. Joe says

My fiance got a leopard print Jesse Steele apron with matching oven mitts for Christmas. Not quite as “old lady” looking, but still very retro. It looks great hanging in the kitchen when it’s not in use.

I just want the cherry pattern to use all over my kitchen. Aprons, curtains, tablecloths. If I wore the apron, I’d be camoflauged in my own kitchen. … OK, probably not at $14 a yard, but an apron would be nice.

3. Mrs Pitcher says

LOVE the apron! I’m in the process of making a bunch of aprons that are sold at Wal-Mart. They are preprinted panels and all you do is cut them out and sew them together. There are about 10 of them and I’m on my second one. Not only are they cute, they are practical as well. My original kitchen faucet has so much pressure, I end up getting water all over me!

Love them, They’re so nostalgic. The design details I remember from my mother’s pinny was the lovely fine combed cotton used, and the bias binding round the edge.

5. Toni says

I just made aprons last year. I found so many Michael Miller fabrics that were so perfect for aprons; curtains, too. Thank goodness I wore the one with the long ties before I made more. The cobbler apron works better for me. Not so many things to get tangled up in!

6. Angie Speiser says

Yah, ya betcha! A perfect apron in the heritage of my Danish grandmother, wonderful memories of coffee cakes and kringle on baking days! I would love to give this apron to my Swedish daughter- in-law!
    Uff-da, what a retro statement!