The prettiest vintage red dinette we’ve ever seen

vintage dinette setThis may be the most beautiful pristine-condition vintage dinette we have ever seen. Why? Seller Sue of Yesterday’s Treasures in Fenton, Michigan says the owner had no children. There’s an idea for ya. Thanks to reader Stacy for this tip — we are drooling big time.

vintage dinette setIt’s not soooo hard to find table in great shape like this. But chairs — they get beat up. With no weebits climbing over these beauties, they remained in tip top shape.

And woah, are they spectacular: With rich-colored red flowers printed right on to the mother-of-pearl vinyl. Peeps, it doesn’t get much better than this.

The table measures 42″ x 52″ with an additional 17 1/4″ leaf, six chairs.

Where to buy this beautiful vintage dinette:

Read more about dinettes:

Comments

1. midmichigan says

Wow! Classic MCM in fantastic shape! We had yellow color chairs with the same table as this set when I was a kid. Oh BTW, thanks a bunch for the tip about kids, Pam. Now you tell me, 35 years too late.

2. TappanTrailerTami says

That is delish! And $800 is not a bad price. I can tell you if that beauty was at a certain MCM Antique mall in Sacramento, it would easily be price at $1500-1800. And they would get it!

Fabulous dinette set!! This brings back so many memories. My grandmother had a cabin on a church campground in North Georgia. In her cabin, she had the yellow table and chairs in this same style! I think food even tasted better eating at a table like this!

I can almost smell the Southern fried chicken and taste the cream cheese Millionaire Pie while eating at her table. My only regret? The fact that we sold the table years ago in a yard sale (before the big return to nostalgia). It’s about the same regret level as when we sold my grandfather’s 61 Chevy Impala.

If only we had known….

4. Ruth Bowman says

Woah! That is gorgeous. We visited with a great-aunt in Pittsburgh and she had a pristine set of Pink GE Aluminum cabinets. While her pink and Lucite set was pretty, I think this one would have been PERFECT in that kitchen.

5. Jennifer says

Simply beautiful. I am glad I live too far away to be tempted, because it would not fit with my current house, and I would be tying myself in knots trying to make it do so.

6. Mary Elizabeth says

Beautiful table and chairs. But besides not having any kids, the homeowner made her husband take the keys off his belt loop and the wallet out of his pocket before parking his keister on the vinyl. Those objects rip more chairs than little kids’ feet do. 🙂

• Bob Connor says

Probably another factor to make it last this long is because there were 2 chairs and 2 people, it was possible to “rotate” among 3 sets of chairs to not have so much wear. With 6 people as in 4 kids + the couple, it would have worn out 3 times faster

There is just nothin’ better than the pearlized stuff! Unbelievable! Some lovely person with out kids should snap this up and give it the glamorous life it deserves;-)

8. Mary Lou Keller says

I just might weep. .i would buy in a heartbeat. .well maybe a few heartbeats if I had a kitchen big enough for this. It is just stunning.

9. marnie hendrickson says

I love this dinette set! I recently got my beautiful red chrome set from my grandmother but am still looking for replacement red rubber leg tips for the chairs. Most of mine are cracked or broken or lost. Any suggestions?