Door chime

Flickr friend John4kc is a retro recon junkie, and has many wonderful photos on his photostream (click the photo to get there). This Nutone door bell is a classic – but be still my beating heart, how I adore that vintage wallpaper. The graphics, so sweet!… and chartreuse+pink+green+red on cream — a most wonderful color combination. Thanks, j4kc!

Folks, the foyer is a great place for vintage wallpaper — you only have one chance to make a good first impression!

Categorieswallpaper
  1. nancyb says:

Vintage wallpaper is always so happy and gay (the 1950’s definition). One wall of it really brightens up a room!

2. DanaMc says:

I completely forgot that as a child we had that doorbell. Ours had 3 chimes. (Hmm, wonder if I have a photo around here someplace.)

I love the way photos like this one of wallpaper can bring to light a pleasant memory – that I had completely forgotten!

DanaMc in Chicagoland

3. Jonas Clark says:

Not a NuTone, actually a far less common model by Liberty. Dana<c remembers correctly: there was a 'deluxe' model with a third tube (decorative) which hung so that its length was midway between the other two. With few exceptions, chimes with three tubes and with two tubes do the same "ding dong" with the center tube being decorative; it was the ones with four that used a little motor to ring out a tune, usually 4 or 8-note Westminster.

4. Brandy Burton says:

Jonas Clark I am sorry to bother you, but I am looking for any info I can get on the liberty company. I just bought a home and it has the deluxe model of the long bell door chime above. I am having a very hard time finding anything on it. to be truthful all I could come up with was this picture. My email is brandyburton08@gmail.com if you could help in any way I would be so grateful. thank you

5. ElectraChime says:

Jonas Clark is correct. It’s a Liberty Bell. The three tube model is the “Rondo” and was model 86-3. The two tube model shown in the photo is the “Rondelay”. They were sold by the Liberty Bell Manufacturing Company of Minerva, Ohio beginning around 1950.

6. Andrew says:

I have this door bell; the liberty one. It’s been hanging in my living room for more than 30 years and I’ve never activated it. Today I decided to do some research on it. Thanks for helping me identify it.