V

Vintage pink poodle wallpaper… and pink checkerboard teapot wallpaper, too!

vintage-pink-poodle-wallpaper vintage-pink-kitchen-wallpaper

Lots of treasures awaited my return home yesterday… An ebay find which I’ll show soon… Barkcloth samples from Full Swing Textiles… and the best of all: Two rolls of vintage pink wallpaper from reader NYC Dorothy. She has contributed it to our community – so that it can savored for all. You see, these are the two wallpapers that hung in her mother’s kitchen and bathroom – and she wanted them to go to a good home.  Dorothy, I promise you, they are in the right place – in front of many thousands of readers who treasure these memories of the homes our own families built in postwar America. Many thanks, indeed!

Oh, and readers… just to ensure you are triply amazed: Did I mention that both of these wallpapers are on a totally high-quality (not brittle) vinyl…. and that they have gold flecks and streaks throughout? Totally swoonable.

Click through for more delightful images of these two great vintage wallpapers….

vintage-pink-poodle-wallpaper-4

vintage-pink-kitchen-wallpaper-3

vintage-pink-poodle-wallpaper-7

vintage-pink-kitchen-wallpaper-2

Want to see more vintage wallpaper? Try these posts:

1. Robin Sears says:

Wow – fabulous – my husband just found an amazing poodles in Paris toile tseat at a house for sale and bought it for our new downstairs bath – your poodle wallpaper would be perfect! Wish I knew where to find some!

2. NM says:

I love the teapot wallpaper… can I send a pic of it and see if a company can replicate it….or better yet, have you EVER seen anything like it…I am redoing my kitchen and am totally in LOVE with that paper….

3. Linda says:

My grandmother’s bathroom had the poodle wallpaper, I love it! If I could talk my hubby into it, I would love to put some in our bathroom.

4. Helene says:

We had the same poodle wallpaper in the “girls’ bathroom” in our house in the late 60s. I remember every detail of it!

I am about to move into a home with a pink bathroom (sadly, not a cool 50s vintage one but just an ugly 80s one) and have decided to embrace the pink. I am going to print and frame these wallpaper images for wall art!

5. Stephanie says:

Do you know the exact year that poodle wallpaper was made? I have the exact same thing in the washroom of a house I purchased and want to know the history behind it!

1. Pat says:

OMG I am looking for someone who has the whole print in good condition that could photograph it I am restoring my late parents house and theirs is ruined. I hope to get someone to reprint it from a photo/series of photos …
      I can’t find the wallpaper ANYwhere 🙁

1. pam kueber says:

Hi Pat, here is my list of companies that sell vintage wallpapers – perhaps you can connect with them to be on the lookout for vintage stock.