Lauren D. gets major snaps for her sleuthing, which uncovered this new bathroom light for our decorating arsenal. She writes:

Hi Pam!
I know you’re busy so I’ll keep this short. I have been searching for the right bathroom vanity light for my main bath, and it’s hell to decide on one. I have put in bids on ebay for the “u” shaped lights- only to get outbid at the last minute. I have contemplated just going modern with a traditional twist. But tonite I think I found one that MIGHT just do the trick. I know Lowe’s sells something similar, but until now I have never seen any with a pattern! yay!!!! In a few weeks I’m hoping to have a before/after set of pix to share with you ..and a full story of joy & tears. Just about Everything to save that beloved pink tile.. hehe.
🙂
~Lauren

Lauren’s find is: the Nuvo 76-277. It holds four bulbs — so that’s a lot of good light. Search the light online by its name and number, and you will find it available from a number of online retailers for as little as about $25 plus shipping. I presume that you also may be able to order it from a local retailer or even a big box hardware store (and possibly save the shipping charges). Via email, Lauren and I even discussed swapping out the plastic knobs in the front for chrome — I am pretty sure you can find these at electric supply stores.

Thank you, Lauren, and yes, let us know when your pink bathroom is ready for prime time. Joy & tears: Oh my, we must know all.

1. TappanTrailerTami says:

Ok, last comment on mirrors!!!

I looked up the manufacturer of the mirrors, and it looks like you can order from them direct, and looking at the picture on their page, they have several cool retro inspired mirrors. Unfortunately, no zoom pictures, but maybe they are willing to send out a catalog if someone wants to call them.

2. sumac sue says:

We have the original bathroom light fixture in this style, but, it is not this pretty. Ours has a ribbed frosted glass that is OK, but not something you want to give a second glance. I once saw a prettier one at Habitat for Humanity Restore but being practical, I thought, I should stick with my original. But hey, pretty is important too. Thanks to these posts on mirrors, I see I can keep my light fixture and pretty things up with one of these mirrors. We have a very pathetic too-small mirror.

3. Kelly says:

Hey! We ordered two of these for our bathroom! They arrived in great condition and though we don’t have them hung yet (this stuff sure always takes longer than we plan, doesn’t it?), I think they are going to look great.

4. JuLee says:

Thanks so much! I have been searching for something similar for living room and bedrooms – semi flush or ceiling mount in this style. This website has them – I am so glad you posted this. Thank you, thank You!

5. Kathy Ramage says:

I am living in my mom’s house, built in 1950’s, but updated in 1970’s. I have a lighted mirrored medicine cabinet. The light covers are plastic and they have yellowed and hardened over the years. Finally one has cracked and broken. I have no idea how to get replacement covers. Eventually we will re-update the bathroom, but for now the cabinet is an eyesore. Help!!!!
    Kat

1. Helen Buehner says:

Kathy,
      I have exactly the same situation and now living in my mother’s old home and unable to find replacement covers. I see your post is more than a year ago…were you able to find them. If so, would you be willing to share the source.
      Thanks