A

A vintage kitchen sink with one square bowl and one round bowl

vintage-kitchen-sink-from-historic-housepartss

Look at this woddity (“wonderful oddity”) from Historic House Parts: A vintage porcelian on steel (I’m guessing) kitchen sink with one square bowl and one round bowl. Ain’t life grand?  HHP says this is from “Ebco”… the sink is 38″x20″ overall, with the round bowl somewhat shallower (7.5” D) than the square. Sounds like there are some little issues, $150. I’m calling this 1970s. Any other guesses — or folks who have spotted this one, still survived in the wild?

1. Donna says:

Hi Pam,
        I just uploaded some photos of my sink on the Retro Renovation flicker site.
        It isn’t the prettiest sink, but it is still in use in the laundry room of my basement.
        Hope you will take a look.
        Thanks,
        Donna

1. Michele says:

Pam-I have thought and thought and remembered that before 1950 something-even dish soap came in a cake or in flakes! As an old-time radio fan, I have heard the Swan soap commercials many times. So yeah it probably is a kitchen sink, but i have seen those in Butler’s pantries. They are shallow on the wash side because one was washing stemware or silver and didn’t want to ruin ones uniform…have you seen the time capsule house (online) in France? It was literally shut for 100+ years per the owners’ wishes and recently opened to the public after some repairs. It was full of “innovations” of the day and is really fun to see. Moulins, France-I think, and the BBC should have it in the archives. The push button loo is really ‘interesting’! Have you thought of ads for “Reminisce’ mag? ml

2. Aaron DeClue says:

I was just on my local Craigslist looking for retro and mid century sinks and someone actually had one of these listed. Their ad claimed the 1930’s on age.

3. Jason says:

If this is truly an “Ebco” sink it stands for David A. Ebinger Mfg. Co. out of Columbus, OH. This company was founded in the early 1900’s. Here’s a link to some photos: http://digital-collections.columbuslibrary.org/cml_search_results.php?CISOOP1=any&CISOFIELD1=CISOSEARCHALL&CISOROOT=/ohio&CISOBOX1=Ebinger

We have an old farmhouse sink made by Ebco that has one square bowl and one round. We’re going to be using it in our kitchen that we’re working on. Here’s an ad I found for the exact sink we have: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006774WPY/?tag=tiaozuan-20

4. Katie Ennis says:

I don’t know if anyone will read this because this was posted 2 years ago but that is my same sink!! My house was built in 1912 but, I’m not sure about the age of the sink. I think the bowl shape side was for big pots and I’m not sure about the shallow side. 🙂 It was fun to read all the idea everyone had about it and I have been trying to find out the year it was made. Thanks!!

5. Mary Anne S says:

My 1913 house in Eastern WA had an original sink like this, high back with the faucet coming out of the wall though, much older. It was just one of the many original features that made me fall in love with the house. I sold it 10 years ago and I just pray the sink is still in the kitchen where it belongs! The round side works well for filling big pots, this was long before the days of pot fillers over the stove.