vintage-sears-kenmore-stove

Here’s a pretty wonderful oddity — that is, “woddity“: A vintage Sears Kenmore range with what I presume is a second oven (?) up top behind pivoting (?) stainless steel (?) doors. I also love the planked wood panels on the stove and drawer at the bottom. And of course, you know I dig the avocado range top.  Thanks to reader Stacia, who spotted it for sale on craigslist in Orange County, California. I talked to the seller on the phone. She said that the stove belonged to a relative, who had it in storage for some 30 years. The unit still works, she says. We need to get back into woddity mode — keep the tips coming, dear readers!

retro-sears-kenmore-stove-yellow sears-kenmore-roast-a-matic mid-century-sears-kenmore-stove

1. Tom says:

I have a yellow stove just like this one.Only it has glass on both ovens.The only thing is the clock is not working.Are there fuses that can be replaced or is no way to make it work?

2. Thomas says:

i have a white stove much like this one. but mine dose not look quite the same. between the upper oven and stove surface there is like a shelf with a light. now it is very hard to find parts anymore.

3. Stephanie Rich says:

Can anyone tell me where i can get parts for an oven exactly like the one above i need to buy 2 dials for the oven and not sure where to buy them at bc my oven still works great it’s just missing the knobs for the oven and toaster oven part on the right side. It’s the dials with words not temps I’m not sure what those dials would say so i can cook. If someone could please help me out I’d so appreciate it.

1. pam kueber says:

See our stories on where you may find help in our Kitchen Help / Appliances subcategory – right at the top.

4. Joe Felice says:

Oh, the memories! I had a similar Signature made by Wards. Could the clock be any bigger? And the paneled front is too cool. I always thought it would be nice to have appliances with fronts that match the cabinets. Oops, I guess I should say “cupboards.” That’s what we called them back then. When did we start calling them cabinets?

5. Janet in CT says:

Amazing and so clean! I think Sears must have brought this model out to compete with the Flairs. What a find!

6. Its look like the old appliance of my grandparents, but great I know for sure this is durable… I will share your info to my friend as I remember she’s looking for this one…

1. Mary Elizabeth says:

Yes, Steve, I could take that woodie with me to “Surf City, USA.”

I remember these combination wood grain and avocado appliances at Sears.

Comments are closed.