A

Affordable kitchen faucet for a 1940s, 1950s or 1960s kitchen

If you need a new kitchen faucet for your midcentury kitchen and don’t want to break the bank, this design from Central Brass (affiliate link) seems to have been around going back many decades.

geneva kitchen in yellow

Drew looks like he had pretty much this same Central Brass kitchen faucet in his 1960-ish kitchen. So, when he remodeled he chose a Central Brass faucet from the same line.

There are a variety of configurations to choose from (affiliate link) depending on what kind of sink and countertop you are outfitting.

Key elements for a retro-authentic kitchen:

Do you like the other elements seen in Drew’s original kitchen? See:

CategoriesFaucets
  1. Kennyt123 says:

That faucet is made in Taiwan. You can get the American made version at a much lower price. We really should support our American craftsmen.

2. Cindy L Friday says:

I’m looking for a new wall mount faucet like mine from 1959 (I think it’s close to the original). Like in this story, I’m not looking for fancy, just functional. Ideas where to look?

3. KennyT123 says:

there’s a link to Amazon on “a variety of configurations to choose from” that brings you to the item–in the specs it states the product is manufactured in Taiwan.

4. Pam Kueber says:

Yes, I saw that. But on the homepage for the company there are a variety of configurations, and it’s there that no country of origin is specified.

5. Pam Kueber says:

Hi Cindy, in another story, I forget where, another reader told me he thought that the basic American Standard wall mount had been around a long time. So something that looks like those would likely be appropriate: http://amzn.to/2xibWmJ

6. Nancy Bekofske says:

We had that in our house! The plumbers laughed when they say it and said it was worn out and they couldn’t get parts!

7. Elaine says:

My original 1964 kitchen faucet looks just like the one in the first picture. I replaced it because I wanted a newer design with pullout sprayer, but it is now presiding over the utility sink in the garage. Very sturdy design.