V

Vintage Christmas ornament wreath #1 for 2018

wreath made with vintage christmas ornamentsWreathmania 2018 is under way. Here’s my first of two, maybe three, I’ll make this year. I counted 89 ornaments overall — if you want to see more detail, the photo should double in size when you click it. See all our wreath stories including the epic tutorial here

CategoriesWreaths
  1. Pennie Miller says:

That’s a really nice one! I made my first vintage ornament wreath this year and am looking forward to making more. I enjoy collecting vintage ornaments, thanks to your inspiration!

2. Lori Duckworth says:

Oh, I love your wreath! I had an elf that was exactly like that one when I was a kid in the 60’s! It really brings back memories.

3. Wendellyn Plummer says:

How lovely! I agree with the rest of the comments. I have ALL the stuff, but am scared to make one. I am not very artistic. enough said. Your work though is wonderful!

1. Michelle says:

I used to feel the same way, my early ones are very different than the ones I make now, but I enjoy the ornament hint and score and making them, I say go for it and have fun!

4. Lisa Compo says:

Yes, it’s darling in the warm, traditional colors. I have the same elf on my tree now…with several others. 🙂
    If you make a bunch every year can I ask where you display them all? I love making things too, but now days I ask myself “where am I going with this when it’s finished?” LOL My boxes, bags and storage totes runneth over with projects. Hee hee

5. Danna McCallum says:

I just made a wreath this Christmas following your wonderful instructions. Today the hanging nail gave way and it crashed to the floor. I’m so sad. I would like to selvage as much as possible. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions for separating from the glue etc.

1. Michelle says:

This happens to me on occasion, usually a burst of heat from my crazy glue gun and POP! I cut away as Pam does, I also use tweezers and many times pliers to pry pieces and glue off. I’m always amazed at how tough these lovely pieces of glass are.

1. Danna McCallum says:

Thank you. I have small needle nose pliers so will try that also. I agree they are pretty tough. I’ve had them bounce around the floor with no damage. But when they fall 6ft with weight of all the ornies the ones on the bottom didn’t stand a chance.

2. Michelle says:

Oh yeah, that’s one of the most horrifying sounds! I use thick floral wire now and hold a finished wreath over the bed and give it a good shake to make sure everything is well attached, but accidents happen and CRASH! Yay for pliers, tweezers and little scissors!

1. Pam Kueber says:

I had one fall a few years ago — the wire on the back of the wreath was not properly attached. Did surgery, only lost about 1/10 of the ornaments.

Lesson: Make sure you use a foolproof hangar method + nail in wall. Even then, scope the situation to make sure no other unfortunate accidents may occur. Argh.