I get in the mood to make a mood board when I find one spectacular element to build around. In the case of this 1970s family room inspiration design, the idea started when I spotted the new sofa, pictured above. It’s from Younger Furniture, and it’s upholstered in a brown corduroy. Gosh, nothing screams 1970s to me like corduroy, and I’m very happy to see it back, it’s a great material.
This Younger sectional is for a family room — meant to lounge on. So I pictured super comfy cozey — a That 70s Show man cave. To create the room I found:
- The Younger Grace sofa with chrome legs.
- The Memory Lane wallpaper mural from Thibaut … This is a design that’s been in production for decades. As we recently learned, LBJ even had it in his Texas house.
- The rug is also new. It’s New Zealand wool — in rust — in a shag. Various sizes available, on ebay – see link below.
- The pole lamp… two bargello pillows… and Warren Platner for Knoll wire-base glass-top coffee table are all vintage, also spotted on the bay.
- Note, this mood board needs one more little green something.