W

Westinghouse Appliance Center & Hall-Mack revolving toothbrush holder – NOS

westinghouse

Update: Sold on ebay for $306.59. “New Old Stock is golden,” the New York Times quoted me. 🙂 Yup, I am the huntress: Another rare and wonderful oddity found in the package and for sale on ebay: A Westinghouse Appliance Center, a newley discovered design maybe. In this ebay carousel, there also is a highly desirable revolving hidden Hall-Mack toothbrush holder.

Precautionary Pam reminds, if you buy the appliance center, be sure to consult with a licensed professional over wiring and installation.

Thanks to seller shadowsam for permission to feature all these photos (after the jump) from their listing, for posterity. Shadowsam says it came from an estate sale. To go to a particular item, click on its photo (NOT on the ebay logo) — then, click on the lime green “View and Bid” box, which will take you to ebay.

[Listing long gone]

oooh, mini breakers!

1. Mary Jo Bonds says:

We have two Hall Mack revolving toothbrush holders but cannot find plastic glasses to fit the round hole. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

2. Patrick Coffey says:

If you guys had a kitchen drawer like I do that is stuffed full of detachable vintage appliance cords that go to your vintage smalls that you use on a regular basis then I honestly do believe that this appliance center with its retractable cords would make a lot of sense. It would also make sense if you wanted to be able to set your vintage percolator to have the coffee ready when you got up in the morning or if you wanted to set your vintage electric roaster to turn on and or off at a preset time seeing as this same appliance center has its own timed circuit. I know you can get modern digital appliance timers but I would not trust them myself. I would love to have a thing like this in my kitchen…and then I like the added safety of this center having its own set of circuit breakers too…to my way of thinking it is a double safety feature

3. Chris H says:

I don’t really get it. Oh, I get the NOS oddity conversation piece factor, I just don’t get why anyone would actually want to use one.

You have to arrange all your counter top appliances within cord reach of the appliance center. Multiple outlets, especially if on different circuits, seems much more sensible. Is the idea that this device keeps you from overloading circuits?

1. Mary Elizabeth says:

Hence still in box. Somebody got it for Mother’s Day, said, “Hmph. Thank you. I guess,” then stored it in the attic?

4. Ann-Marie Meyers says:

I had those stickers! I put them all over my violin case, which my sister has.
    Her daughter plays it now. The stickers look a little ragged, the ones that have survived, anyway. I just saw them last summer!
    No, I didn’t put any on the violin. I was a trouble maker, but I feared the consequences of that decorating idea, from both my parents and my violin teacher!

5. Lynne says:

I have one of the toothbrush holder lazy susan things in my pink 1955 bathroom. It works beautifully, and is still shiny bright chrome. Unfortunately, I can’t find toothbrushes with a skinny enough handles to fit in the old school sized openings.

6. Carole says:

*quote*I am left with a dishpan full of old tv dials and appliance handles. Any suggestions?*unquote*

What altered artists could do with those!

7. Corinne Ness says:

The house I grew up in had a toothbrush carousel! My folks installed it when they redid the bathroom.

8. Michael Renly says:

Hi my church thrift shop closed and I am left with a dishpan full of old tv dials and appliance handles. Any suggestions? I feel overwhelmed because there is also two milkcrates of antique brass lamp parts (not right for this site) that i am sorting and well, let me know if you have any ideas for knobs

1. Keith says:

Hi. Do you still have those dials and handles? If so, I would be interested in them. I am an artist working on some unusual projects, for which those could come in very handy. Please contact me.

Comments are closed.