2012 was, I think, the year of “epic”. We saw Cullen’s epic Brooklyn apartment. Which inspired my crazy office remodel. The time capsule houses were wonderful. The woddities were wodder than ever. But, one reader who had us all beat: Bizarro Twin Pam — who gave us her serial renovation stories involving six kitchens. Her latest, 2012 project: Buying a gorgeous, vintage St. Charles kitchen from a time capsule house that we featured here on the blog, and transporting and reconfiguring it into her new/old home. Bizarro Twin Pam, you are a force of nature to be reckoned with. Congratulations, you are Retro Renovation’s The Hard Way Award Winner — 2012! Read on for the runners up!
Runners Up – Kitchens:
- Lori’s whole lotta lovin’ fun kitchen remodel
- Brian & Keri’s 1953 Youngstown kitchen makeover
- Jon & Trixi’s 1970s avocado kitchen
Runners Up — Bathrooms:
- Mike & Lindsey’s pink bathroom before & after
- Amanda’s mint and pink tile bathroom — from scratch
- Matt and Jeff’s timeless blue tile bathroom remodel
Runners Up — Notable Achievements:
Previous The Hard Way Award Winners:
- 2011: Janice and her pink tile bathroom, created from scratch
- 2010: Susan and her seven month kitchen renovation journey, documented in awesome detail.