N

Nutone Concealed Bathroom Scale — this New Old Stock beauty recesses right into your wall

We love New Old Stock.
We love woddities.
We love vintage Nutone.
We love things that are recessed into the bathroom walls.

Voila: Get all four in one in this >> Nutone Concealed Bathroom Scale — New Old Stock << that I spotted for sale on ebay. Affiliate link earns me a wee commission if someone clicks and buys. Who’s in the market? Let’s take a look at all the photos, which the seller gave me permission to feature and archive. Note, the seller said, “It was found in the garage of an estate in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania.” >>

built in fold down bathroom scaleThis scale is very pretty with its white enameled paint.

I’ve seen Nutone Concealed Scales like this in the wild on several occasions — at estate sales and at a friend’s house.  See some of those photos and my catalog page here.

This is very very tempting for me to buy — I know just where I could tuck it, in the downstairs bathroom, which is not tiled along along walls. Alas, I am really trying to lighten up my load. Haha. Get it: Bathroom scale… lighten load?

I have a cardinal rule: Bathroom scales are meant for decoration, NEVER for using! Don’t let a number determine your mood! Step away!

nutone concealed bathroom scale

Who’s gonna?

1. Jennie says:

Ha ha! Love your philosophy on the decorative-only function of bathroom scales. Especially as this one has a 10 pound lead.

2. Michelle says:

I have 4 of these scales one in each bathroom of my time capsule. currently one is for sale as I am doing a bathroom.

3. calif phil says:

I see that it sold. I would love to have one, but at $300, I am glad it sold, now I don’t have to wrestle with myself if I should buy it or not.

4. Pam Kueber says:

Thanks, Michelle, how lucky you are!

Note, I just want to take this opportunity to remind: no buying/selling in comment threads or else it becomes chaos.

5. Carolyn says:

As far as scales go, I wish my Dr. used a digital one – just how accurate are those beam ones when the weight taker is off to the side? Then I step on my home scale and they don’t match.
    Now these entries beg the question – why didn’t these hideaway items catch on or why haven’t they progressed since then? I can understand the cleaning aspect (what a bear to get into the nooks and crannies!) but…they were hidden away! Do we blame “Dallas” for losing sight of “The Jetsons”?

6. Karin Jeffrey says:

It’s a beauty. I know they’re rare, but $300? Ouch. Pam, love your thoughts on not letting the numbers on the scale determine your mood.

7. Pam Kueber says:

I have an in-wall hamper, picked up at … I forget where. It’s been in my attic for a while! I need to put it on ebay!

8. Mary Anne S says:

I have the scale my parents got when they got married, doesn’t look really beautiful but works just fine. 1955 It’s not a built-in so I have had it in every home. I love using something so utilitarian that reminds me of my parents.