Reader Stephanie’s house was recently featured on morning TV in Wisconsin. Way to go for vintage and mid-mod, Stephanie! Stephanie explains that her home was featured on a local house tour, and the TV program contacted her after that. Folks, if you have a “finished” mid mod house with a great renovation story, entities like newspapers, home tours and TV stations may well be interested in your story. Just be sure you want to open your house — literally or figuratively — to “the masses”.
Over the past several years, I’ve worked on a number of stories that helped get readers (and this blog) featured in their local newspapers. Too much fun:
- The famous New York Times story — including not just me but also Stephan, Cindy, Helen, Judi, Jason and Nicky. Oh, and Chippy, too!
- Another famous New York Times story — on pink bathrooms — profiling readers Nancy, Janice, Nora, John, Tamely and Michael.
- Pink bathrooms in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune — with Meghan, Fiona and Carri.
- Maribeth’s kitchen renovation in the Knoxville News.
- Ruth’s gorgeous Geneva kitchen in the Midland Daily News.
- And I think this was the first one I ever worked on: Readers Shelly and Lisa visit the incredible St. Louis time capsule with a reporter for a story for the St. Louis Dispatch. More photos of this beloved time capsule here.