B

Brini Maxwell shows us her vintage Sunbeam Automatic Control Panel

Go Brini, well thank you very much, pritty lady, for the RR shout-out in your video about your vintage Sunbeam appliance center. Yes, formally known at the Sunbeam Automatic Control Panel. And yes, one of my favorite all-time wonderful oddities or “woddities.

pam kueber's new old stock sunbeam automatic control panel I also have one of these units and Brini, you inspired me to take some photos of my New Old Stock before — ta da! — I installed it (just yesterday!) as part of my office studio remodel currently under way and officially killing me.

pams sunbeam automatic control panelHere’s are just two of my photos — I’ll show the entire artsy fartsy photo shoot later. How fun, Brini, that we are doing these installations concurrently. Peas in a pod, err, appliance centers in the wall. Maybe we can do our big reveals at the same time?

Read more about my continuing coverage of vintage appliance centers:

Keep on the lookout, dear readers, if there are more designs, we want — need — to see them! xoxo

1. RetroSandie says:

Well OMG!! I’ve never seen Brini Maxwell before, but I totally loved her tongue-firmly-in-cheek video!!! So cool….Makes me want to see everything in her house in a video -of course, with mentions to YOU, Pam. Loved it! 🙂

2. Dulcie says:

An appliance center would look SO much cooler in my kitchen the the nasty beige power strip that’s currently keeping my appliances juiced up. Things looked so much better way back then.

3. Jeff says:

Love your video, Brini, very informative! I learn so much when you’re online- AND you do it with great style! Been looking for one of these appliance centers for some time now, did find a new old stock 50’s disposal in it’s original box, and a Dishmaster faucet for my 50’s kitchen, but always looking for more goodies- I do have fabu 50’s turquoise appliances though….

4. Nina462 says:

I love Brini Maxwell. Have been watching her for many years – she come on late night cable in the early 2000’s when I lived in Mpls, MN. Got my nieces hooked on her, as well – and bought her book for them for Christmas a couple years back.

5. MrsPItcher says:

I could totally use one of these in my kitchen! I wish they still made them. I have two outlets in my kitchen, both on completely opposite sides. Not only that, it would look so cool!

6. jason says:

Pam….did your installer say anythiong about the appliance center being out of code? That is the only thing I worry about.

7. pam kueber says:

They let me do it. But I give no advice: Check your own electrical inspector…Note, mine is only there mostly for the pretty… and I only plan on using the light occasionally … But again, me no give advice – consult on your own product and situation with a properly licensed professional.

8. matt blickle says:

I just so happen to have a new / old one with the clock..email me w offer. Ill show u pics. Im kn illinois