2010’s stories about mid century interior decoration cover a lot of territory: From basement shuffleboards… to blue bathrooms… to my big belief that bargello needlepoint pillows are a wonderful addition to a mid century home interior. Above: Reader Troy gets crafty and makes a bargello pillow of his very own. Continue on for more of my favorite stories from my “Decorating” category — which is kind of a catch all of miscellanea — this year…
- Dave and Sarah add an Armstrong vinyl tile shuffleboard to their basement.
- Guy got into the shuffleboard spirit, as well, and showed us how to paint a shuffleboard in your basement.
I did my first several videos this year, including three videos about my blue bathroom, and another one on the stainless steel edging for my kitchen countertops:
- My blue bathroom: Overall design features.
- Pam’s blue bathroom: Design features that I like.
- Pam’s blue bathroom: Things I’d do differently.
- My kitchen countertop edging.
- We talked about how to get smells out of vintage upholstery.
- And, I broke my no-ranting rule with two rants encouraging all to resist the Greige Nation.
Check out all the stories in my Decorating category here.